Two Views logo
Loading

FIND A MEDICAL IMAGING FACILITY NEAR YOU

Two Views of Amazing Medical Images

X-ray of boot in dog's stomach in two views.

Two Views - view 1

X-ray of boot found in dog's stomach.

Vince, a 4-year-old mixed breed male dog, ate a pair of calf-high women’s Frye boots and underwent surgery at the Veterinary Specialty and Emergency Center in Philadelphia, a BluePearl Veterinary Partners hospital. An x-ray helped clearly determine the extent and severity of the situation.

“These X-rays are absolutely remarkable, especially given that you can see and count the number of eyelets on the boots,” said Dr. Laura Tseng, a board-certified specialist in critical care and emergency medicine with VSEC. “The sheer volume of what he ate is impressive and caused a very serious emergency situation.”

When dogs eat something they shouldn’t, it often requires emergency surgery or endoscopy to remove the item or items due to the fact that they can obstruct the digestive tract and perforate the intestines.

In this particular dog's case, the volume of the leather material was so large that his stomach was unable to pass the material into the small intestines. Surgery was needed to remove the material manually.

People often put their foot in their mouths, but in this canine case, the situation went beyond just having a red face.


Other Amazing Medical Stories of Animals Here.




What's Your View?





Two Views - view 2

xray of boot inside dog two views

ABOVE: X-ray showing eyelets of boots inside a dog.
Credit: BluePearl Veterinary Partners

Boot dog swallowed two views

ABOVE: Remains of a boot surgically taken from inside a dog.
Credit: BluePearl Veterinary Partners



ABOVE: Vince
Credit: BluePearl Veterinary Partners



If you have an image you own the rights to and would like to share on our site, please contact us here at .




What's Your View?